Saturday, December 10, 2005

Myths about Airsoft

I've been meaning to post something about airsoft and related gaming for a few days now - I've just been slammed at work and with semester projects due, I haven't had a ton of time to do much more than read other blogs.

So, let me take this free 10 minutes and clear up a few misconceptions about airsoft. Just like anything else the media lays their hands on, it is often shown in an unflattering light. And much to the dismay of players the world over, many cheap Taiwanese manufacturers are cranking out those clear, plastic SPAS-12 look-a-like guns that bring further tarnish to the airsoft name.

So, without further ado...

These are real airsoft players.

These are not.

These are (my) airsoft guns.

This is not a real airsoft gun

And this is what goes with that rifle.

If you happen to have any questions about the sport of airsoft, please let me know. I will be happy to clear up any misconceptions or half-truths you may have heard.

Oh...Yeah, I know - they look really realistic - isn't that dangerous? Everytime you hear about the police killing someone with an airsoft gun, they were being stupid. Yeah, if I went outside and waved this at a patrol car, I'd likely get shot. You need to be smart about it. I transport my airsoft guns the same way as real guns - in locked, hard cases in the back of my car. Just like everything else, the stupid people are the ones that make the headlines...

Cheers.