Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Handful of Things

For the second time in a week, someone tagged me with a meme. Thanks, Les. I guess I could take the grumpy, grumbly "I don't do that crap," tack, but that just isn't me. Anyone who reads anything I write knows - I'm an attention whore. I freely admit it. I strike up conversations in the grocery store for the sole purpose of saying "So, do you like this jacket?" and languishing in the compliments it gets me. But I digress...

So, that being established, I could take the "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!" tack, and post some self-serving, ego-maniacal drivle that would make the vainest, most self-obsessed person blush with pride.

But I won't do that either.

Basically, what I want to do is talk about the "5 Weird Habits" meme, go around in circles for a while, forget I was going to answer it, and then post and move on. Crap, I just reminded myself. There, I did it again.

My keyboard is mocking me, as if to say "Let's do this - I'm a keyboard!"

So, without further gilding the lily and no more ado, I present my list. The list of 5 weird habits.
  • I quote movie lines in conversation whenever possible.
  • When I shoot scoped rifles, I constantly repeat "1-2-3-4-5-6-7 ...Oswald was a fag," in my head.
  • I carry a Zippo lighter, but I don't smoke - I just do Zippo tricks when I'm bored.
  • When I go diving, I carry a knife...like it's going to do anything when Jaws decides to eat me.
  • I keep an obsessively clean desk and workspace, but I have the messiest bedroom ever.
Tam, jimmyb, Mr. C, Blob and Marc - for the double whammy. Oops, jimmyb did it already, so how about ..........chaos. Crap, Mr. C did it too, so then we'll go with....I think I'll make Melinda post about this later. She's got some weird freakin' habits, let me tell you...I'l email her right now, in fact.

I know I'm getting on people's shit list by hitting them with these but hey - I have to spread the joy. It's like zombieism. You know you should stop it, but you are powerless to control it. Or something like that. Whatever. Answer the questions, people. Let's keep the pain train rolling!