Monday, February 20, 2006

Update

Still working on finding a new home for this site. I've bought a domain name and a package from Hosting Matters. Hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll be getting comfortable in my newer, sexier digs. In the meantime, keep checking back here for the regularly scheduled drivel.

It's been a rough weekend. Twice now I've had my peace and quiet disrupted by my family and their damned issues. I thought I was going to have to hurt my brother tonight to keep him from doing something to my folks. My moms having some health issues but that isn't keeping her from provoking the rest of the family into ridiculous arguments and feuds. Blood is thicker, though, so regardless of their antics and bullshit, I continue to try my best to help them all get along.

It is seriously making me want to go to law school elsewhere in the country. I'm thinking now that I'll actually finish up my masters work here, so I'll have some kind of marketable skill elsewhere, even if its teaching. I really don't have the patience for it, I know that, but if it pays the bills. I could teach a couple of night classes and do law school during the day. I think that'd work out. Plus, when I graduate and pass the bar, I'll be in a less lawyer-rich environment than SoCal. And I'd get a twofer - move to a more gun friendly state, and get away from the loonies in my family.

I really need sleep right now, but I've still got adrenalin coursing, so I'm gonna get to work on moving the blog.