Monday, November 07, 2005

Quote of the Day

I used a Florence King quote before, but considering the recent news about our (political bloggers) 1A rights being "regulated" by the gov't, I find it fitting to modify it a bit.

When they came for the smokers I kept silent because I thought it was for their own good and it was stinky. When they came for the meat eaters I kept silent because meat is murder and causes colon cancer. When they came for the gun owners I kept silent because those neanderthals stood up for themselves. When they came for the drivers I kept silent because they were raping the earth for fossil fuels anyway. When they came for the bloggers I kept silent because who needs nerds in pajamas on the internet with no fact checking. I can still flash my boobs in Berkeley, so it's not an attack on my First Amendment rights.