Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Must Reads for January

I was fortunate enough to get a $50 Borders gift card for Christmas, so I bought some new books for myself. I would recommend them all to you, based on your own preferences.

1. The Undead: Zombie Anthology
Another "text book" about the upcoming zombie apocalypse, and what you can do to protect yourself and recognize the rising hoarde...before it's too late.

2. Caro's Book of Poker Tells
The classic stand-alone text about reading other players at the table. As a poker player for years, I can't believe I'd never read it before, but within days of finishing it, I was fleecing more cash off my friends weekly games than I can remember.

3. Byrnes Complete Book of Pool Shots
What can I say? I'm addicted to shooting pool. I played probably 5 nights a week while in high school, then abandoned it when I started college. Now, I'm back to playing a couple times a week, and needless to say, some of the shots that were in my bag are gone. This book is helping me get my game back.

Now that I look at the list, it seems to illustrate that 1) I have a lot of free time on my hands now, and 2) I have varied interests and probably too many hobbies.