Monday, January 02, 2006

The Lost Monday Post

I was so tired when I wrote this, I saved it as a draft instead of publishing it, and I just saw it in my Blogger dash.

Today blew. I mean that both literally and figuratively. It really, really blew.

Do any of you golf? Don't start if you don't already. It's a horrible sport. It inspires vicious competitiveness while instilling a bitternes of spirit in you that is unmatched by any other sport. There is no good will on the golf course. Don't be naive. I would just as soon run your 32ft putt making ass over with an electric cart than watch where your drive lands, you scratch playing piece of shit.

But I digress.

It figures that the one day it decides to rain in San Diego this winter, I have a tee time with 3 of my close friends/worst enemies. So we have an 8:30am tee time. Its raining. It's blowing at about 15mph, gusting to almost 40mph, and we're having a great ol' time.

FACT: The vast majority of lightening strikes occur on golf courses.

I'm cold. I'm wet. I'm angry about the round. I shot probably worse than I have...maybe ever. Failed to convert about 4 birdie attempts. Grrr....

Eh. It could be worse. I coulda got hit by lightening. Instead I got tagged by a Titleist cruising at about 60mph.