Thursday, June 30, 2005

Two Down...

As I wrote yesterday, a Swedish ex-hostage of the Iraqi terrorists vowed to get revenge. It seems that his wishes were not long in coming true.

Hjertström, an oil broker whose career took him to Iraq 25 years ago, makes no bones about the decision to exact revenge on his abductors. “I’ve lived [in Iraq] for a long time. This is how things are done there. It’s nothing new to me,” he says.

Hearty Hjertström “doesn’t want to go into detail” about the bounty hunters, but assures Expressen that they are “the best money can buy.”

“They’re not twiddling their thumbs,” declares Hjertström, revealing that he has “received confirmation that two of [the kidnappers] have already been taken care of.” When asked to elaborate on the fate of the purportedly captured men, the Swede says he “hasn’t inquired” but has his “suspicions.”

As can be expected, there are many people that are unhappy that this man is taking matters into his own hands. Fortunately, I'm not one of them. I'm going to go home today and tip a glass to Mr. Hjerstrom. I wish more Americans would react the way he has to terrorist attacks and threats.