Thursday, June 23, 2005

Padres Blogging

I took the day off of work today to come downtown to the Gaslamp and catch a game at Petco Park. I'm Starbuck's blogging on B St. with my laptop.

I like this ballpark a lot. Not only because it's so close to the fantastic food and beer of downtown, or because you can smell the salt air coming off the bay, or because it really is just beautifully constructed. No, I like it most becasue it seems to have enlivened the Padres.

Last year we almost made it to the playoffs. We won the NL West. This year we will, too.

The Dodgers just beat us, 4-3 in 10 innings. Brian Lawrence pitched a great game, and had it not been for the bullpen (which has been great this year) we would have won. Otsuka and Hoffman gave up a run each, Achii in the 8th and Hoffi in the 10th.

Cesar Izturis got the go ahead to round third and win the game. Shame. I just dropped him off my Fantasy baseball team. Of course, I added J.D. Drew, who sat out the past two games with legs soreness...what is it about these Dodgers? Bradley and Gagne on the DL affected my fanball team. Jeez, is it the LA curse.

OK. Enough of that. I will sign-off and go play some disc golf with my buddies at Morley Field in Balboa Park. Good stuff.