Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fair Warning

I was going to try and put up a real post tomorrow. Not the little, piddling crap I've been doing, but an actual range report or an essay - something of substance.

Now, I guess its gonna have to wait.

Tomorrow, I'll be grabbing my wetsuit and longboard and taking advantage of a mid-winter swell. Waves up to 10' are predicted, maybe as high as 15' by Thursday.

I almost never surf anymore. I just don't have the time to dedicate a whole day to going to the beach, and consequently I only go out when the surf is going off.

I have a feeling I could be getting my ass handed to me by mother nature. I guess thats the price you pay sometimes...



Update

So, I spent about 4 hours at the beach.

Lifeguards were out, warning people away from the daunting surf. They were recommending only experienced surfers go into the water.

"Are you an experienced surfer?"

......"Yup."

Well, I used to be...4 years ago.

So I spent most of the day wiping out, getting rolled around on the bottom, and getting smashed in the head by the higher swells. There were only about a dozen surfers out, but there were lots of people on the pier in Imperial Beach watching the sets roll in.



So, I'm a little sore, I've got some serious sandpaper going on, and I'm more than a little tired.

Excuse me, I must now go take a shower in the yard with the hose.