Thursday, October 27, 2005

Quote of the Day

Off to the weekly hold 'em tourney, so I'll leave you with this quote from Mike McDermott in the classic poker flick, Rounders.
In "Confessions of a Winning Poker Player," Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking about the way I lost it.
Great freakin' movie. Another great poker movie is Shade, starring Sly Stallone of all people. After watching it, I started learning how to base deal and bought a juice deck. Now, I would never do anything to make my friends get the crap beaten out of them on poker night, but it's still fun to know that other stuff.

Let's see if I can survive tonight without some tough beats of my own.