Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Senator Sheehan?

I've been thinking on the Sheehan debacle lately. I've commented on several blogs about it, and I've been taking in all the articles I can. It's very important to me as a hard-working friend of the military in California. I can't help but be appalled at the thought. I want to vomit. Its that much of a shock to my system.

I need to lay down...

But then I got to thinking about it a little more. About far-ranging implications and repercussions of such an act of unthinkable stupidity and suicide by vote. The more thought I put into it, the more my head hurt. Eventually, the dry heaves went away and I had an epiphany.

If the lunatic leftist fringe in CA, those residing in San Fran and Los Angeles, ran Sheehan for Senate, the opponent Republican would win. It's that simple. Feinstein needs the moonbat votes, and her share would be split with Sheehan. About 46% of CA voted against Boxer last time around, and I doubt any of those would swing toward either of them. We'd end up with 46% for Anonymous Republican, 24% for Feinstein and 27% for Sheehan.

Regardless of the way the lunatics make Californians look, we aren't all Birkenstock wearing granola crunching weed smoking non showering tiedying protesting non-violent militant pacifist vegan hippy fuck mooks.

I think, in the long run, it would be a good thing for the country, too. All of those moderate voices out there, the ones who disagree with both sides equally but dislike Bush for some reason, they'll see just how insane the Democratic party is becoming. They run Sheehan on an indy ticket and garner half of the "blue" votes, and the rest of the country will see what a bunch of raving lunatics the supposedly mainstream Democrats of California are.

It's political suicide, and they are clamoring for it.

Would anyone, D or R, in the Senate or House support anything she says? Didn't she basically call Clinton and Kennedy and Kerry, all the usual suspects, fascists for disagreeing with her? She doesn't understand politics at all. Her campaign would consist of a "Camp Casey" and crying. She'd be the ultimate single-issue candidate, like me running for governor to change the gun laws. (its in the back of my mind already...)

So, I changed my mind. Let her run. Click here and encourage her!

I join all of these bloggers in their quest. My 100 or so regular readers will surely agree.